This year, as in years past, the Conference Organizing Committee
is working hard to provide as much travel support
to as many conference attendees as possible.
Travel support is expected from many different supporting organizations.
Applicants may apply for the following types of awards:
- Euro-NF funding is available for students studying in Euro-NF partner institutions. To qualify, a student must be a member of the Euro-NF team in a participating university and/or research center at the time of application.
- NSF is expected to continue the tradition of sponsoring a number of US-based graduate students.
- Funding is expected to support a number of attendees of the N2Women Workshop, which will be co-located with the conference.
Please consider the following important information before applying:
- The application process is the same for all types of attendees and all sources of funding and is described in the rest of this page.
- The exact number and amount of awards will depend on the availability of funds and will be determined as funding amounts are finalized.
Submission deadline for all programs July 15, 2010
Award notification July 31, 2010
Where and How to Apply
A travel grant application must include the following:
- The applicant's resume.
- A short letter describing the applicant's research accomplishments, and how attendance at ACM MobiCom/MobiHoc 2010 will be beneficial. The letter must answer the following questions:
- Do you have an accepted paper, poster, or demo in MobiCom/MobiHoc 2010 or one of its workshops?
- Are you a member of a Euro-NF team in a participating institution?
- Do you plan to attend the N2Women Workshop?
- A supporting letter from the applicant's advisor, stating that the student is in good academic standing (in the PhD program), and how he/she may benefit from attending the conference.
Applicants should email items 1 (CV) and 2 (application letter) above as a single PDF attachment. The advisor should email item 3 (supporting letter) with subject line: "MobiCom/MobiHoc 2010 STG letter for <student name>". The application and supporting letter should be emailed to: email@example.com.
Questions and email communication should be addressed to the Travel Grants Co-Chairs:
Yingying Chen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Sami Rollins (email@example.com)